Mass timber construction uses large prefabricated structural wood members for wall, floor and roof construction. This construction technique allows the structural components to be revealed, exposing the beauty of the material. Some of these products include glue-laminated timber (glulam), cross-laminated timber (CLT) and nail-laminated lumber (NLT).
These products are a much a higher quality than conventional steel or concrete. Mass Timber offers high-performance and dimensionally stable options for any building project, whether large or small, residential or commercial. Offering incredible design versatility for architects, engineers and interior designers.
Developments in both wood frame and mass timber are bringing mid-rise wood buildings to a new level of affordability and transforming our understanding of what is available with wood construction.
Wood also plays a key role in reducing a project’s environmental footprint. Wood products have less embodied energy, are responsible for lower air and water pollution, and have a significantly lighter carbon footprint, than other commonly used building materials. It is the only sustainable way to build.
- CLT is dramatically faster and easier to install
- Stronger than steel or concrete, (meets seismic needs)
- Superior fire resistance
- Superior acoustic performance
- Superior thermal performance
- Limitless design options, unlike conventional construction
- Generates almost no waste onsite
- Precision construction
- More efficient building envelope
- Only sustainable construction method
- Reduces Carbon footprint +/- 99% from Steel
- Reduces Carbon footprint +/- 50% from Concrete
- Creates the most beautiful buildings